SEMI-PRIVATE EXERCISE CLASSES AT SONA
Our semi-private class formats were meticulously designed to create a comprehensive and complementary class curriculum, utilizing a variety of disciplines and techniques. We offer 60 Minute Cardio/Core, Cycle/Strength, HIIT, Strength, and Yoga Sculpt classes as well as 30 Minute Recovery Classes at our Evanston, IL studio.
All of our classes are taught by highly trained coaches and max out at 6 participants. Small group classes allow our instructors to provide individualized attention and offer appropriate progressions or modifications. You’ll receive guidance and positive reinforcement throughout the workout, helping you to focus on correct form and your safety.
CARDIO | CORE
Our Cardio/Core classes include a combination of treadmill (and other cardio exercises) along with creative core focused strength exercises. The intensity of Cardio/Core closely resembles that of our HIIT Class. Cardio/Core classes typically incorporate sprint efforts on the treadmill but can be easily adjusted for people who need a less intense modification.
CYCLE | STRENGTH
Our Cycle/Strength class is a low impact alternative to our HIIT Class. This is not a straight cycling class. Cycle/Strength alternates between strength exercises and short bursts on the bike. While the intensity is high, there are no high impact exercises. Even though there is no jumping or explosive movement, you can still expect to increase your heart rate during class.
Our High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) classes feature intense bursts of exercise, followed by short recovery periods. Around 60% of class is spent on high intensity/cardio movements and the remaining 40% focuses on strength exercises. HIIT Classes typically include high impact exercises but can be easily adjusted for people who need low impact modifications.
Our strength classes include a variety of traditional lifts, machine exercises, and bodyweight movements in a circuit style format. This class is focused solely on functional strength so you won’t see any high intensity cardio bursts or high impact movements. Your instructor will help you select the correct weights to safely maximize your workout.
Our Yoga Sculpt classes include a variety of traditional yoga poses and dumbbell based strength/core exercises. This effective combination of stretching and pulsing helps improve your flexibility and muscular endurance. While Yoga Sculpt low intensity, the constant movement and frequent time under tension creates a lasting burn in your muscles during class.
Our 30 minute recovery classes act as a complement to your normal rigorous training. This class uses a combination of stretching (both active and static) and foam rolling to alleviate soreness from exercise and daily life. This relaxing class is designed to revitalize your muscles and help prepare your body for future workouts. Our recovery classes are completely free and available to anybody.
Drop in for a single class or choose a pre-paid package of classes. Save on classes with a class package! Our packages include:
Single Class - $40
3-Classes - $105 ($35/class)
5-Classes - $170 ($34/class)
10-Classes - $310 ($31/class)
15-Classes - $420 ($28/class)
20-Classes - $500 ($25/class)
Classes never expire
Acceptable for all class types